12 June 2010

30 Days Of Mild Effort

I am currently reading "Ask and It Is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. Well, I am finishing up reading it for the 3rdish time. I am currently trying to follow this quote:

"Within 30 days of mild effort, you can go from being one of the most resistant people on the planet to one of the least resistant people on the planet- and then, those who are watching you will be amazed by the number of manifestations that begin to occur in your physical experience."
Esther and Jerry are best selling authors in the "Law Of Attraction" field, so to speak. Esther is a channel/medium for the non-physical entity Abraham. Yeah, sounds TOTALLY insane, but the teachings work. Its all about how the thoughts you think, create your reality. By the way you think, you manifest the world around you. I've personally had it work, several times.

 Basically, I am trying to put some effort into the way I think. Which, being a natural pessimist is very hard for me to do. It takes more than a little effort for me to pivot my thoughts away from negative into something positive. I have gotten better over the last year with that, but lately, I have not been doing so well. It was when I took a long hard look, that I realized I needed to be more active with changing my thoughts and I decided to read "Ask and It Is Given" again.

My goal over the next month is to relax more and let the things I want to flow to me. I need to stop being so resistant to good things and stop thinking I don't deserve them. That's probably some left over "training" courtesy of my oh so psychotic ex-husband. I need to realize that I do deserve happiness and I do deserve the things that I want out of life. I need to stop letting other people hold me back....mainly my family.

I have a very amazing life right now. I have the most wonderful boyfriend, who puts up with my pretty neurotic behavior. Who is willing to overcome the struggles that I have with trust, etc, do to my past. He really does prove that not all men are the same. I have known him since second grade and it still shocks me every day that we are together. I love him so much.

I have a job. While its not the most perfect job in the world, it gets most of my bills paid. I am looking for other work and I know that a very amazing job is just around the corner. I can't wait to see what the universe brings me for my next job. I know it will be better paying and the hours will mesh well with how I want them to be.

I know that life is only going to keep getting better and I am so thankful for all the struggles I had last year, because I would not be the person I am today without those struggles. I love the person that I am now, even if I still have more growing to do. That's the beauty of life, you never stop learning and growing.

No comments: