25 January 2009

Avoiding

Well, I am avoiding housework and a bunch of other things. So, here is another survey stolen from Sabbath's blog:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I became a Doula.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I really made any. I did start my getting healthy kick towards the end, so maybe I kept one.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! De had Nyssa in April 2008.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me died.

5. What countries did you visit?
Zilch.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A baby, health, my husband to be home a whole year.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 18th 2008. Its the day Billy officially deployed.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not killing anybody? LOL

9. What was your biggest failure?
Becoming a hermit again.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think I was less sick in 2008 than in previous yeas.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Books! Nah, paying to become an ALACE doula.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think mine and Hubby's behavior did. We really worked at things last year and are continuing to do so.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Definitely not saying.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas and food.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to midwifery school, even if I paid for it in 2009.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Far Away by Nickelback.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier I am sure.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, thanks to the 3.9% pay increase for the military and deployment pay.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Gone outside more and spent more time with people. Oh and of course working out.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Hiding.

20. How will you be spending the Winter? Studying.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? All over again. With my dear husband! <---same here.

23. What was your favorite month of 2008? April was pretty good.
24. What was your favorite TV program? I didn't watch a whole lot of tv.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.

26. What was the best book you read?
Lover Enshrined was awesome.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Uh, that song for Nike Air was good.

28. What did you want and get? The ALACE program.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Business of Being Born was great. I think my all time favorite last year was The Dark Knight.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I said goodbye again to my Hubby that afternoon. Then, spent the rest of the day crying. I turned 24.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To pay down more on one particular debt of Hubby's.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
T-shirt and jeans. I have no sense of fashion lol.

33. What kept you sane? Friends and Hubby.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Barack Obama. Robert Pattinson also caught my eye. I can't wait to finally see Twilight now that I have read the book.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Definitely the Election. I cried during his speech when he won and I cried some more when he was inaugurated.

36. Who did you miss?
Hubby.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I am not sure. I didn't meet a whole lot of new people. I am too chicken.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: This quote sums it up nicely:
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

No comments: