05 January 2009

Letters From The Sandbox!

I got two letters from Hubby today. They were written several months ago. Yet, I cherish that he hang onto something he wrote me for that long. I teared up when I pulled the letters outta the box. I teared up some more when I read them and completely lost it when I realized that the letters smelled like him. After I finished reading them, I sat there for a few moments just taking some nice, deep breaths of my husband's scent. Its been oh so long.

The letters were sweet, short and to the point. In both the letters he got called away to do other things so he ended them. They both professed his love for me and how much he missed me. Most lovely was, he took the time in them to ask how I was doing. Even after his talking about how much it sucked over there. It meant so much to me, not a lot of people ask how I am doing. Well, besides my Mom that is.

I had a feeling they were coming today. I woke up thinking about his letters and that he had mailed them off already. I asked him about them this morning on Yahoo IM and he said he mailed them off and is working on another few to send. I was pretty stoked when I saw them in there.

I did not get to talk to Hubby for very long on the phone today. He said he was going to call me back after he got his name back on the list and I never did get a call back. I am assuming something came up or he waited for too long and got too tired to be coherent on the phone. I know he has a big meeting today and I have my fingers crossed that it goes well.

I am getting ready to mail my application and enrollment for into AAMI, like really ready this time. I hesitated because I am nervous. This is a very big step and big changes always unnerve me for a bit. I really wish Hubby was here in person to go through this with me. He wishes he was too, he told me that this morning. Anyway, I am starting to become more confident that I will be able to do this successfully and that is a very good thing.

Wish us luck!

No comments: