01 January 2009

Its A New Year

With new years come fresh starts and a chance to do things better than previous years. That's the basic outline I have for myself and the fam this year. I don't usually do resolutions anymore because I think its too much to live up to and its better to make some smaller goals throughout the year. I have been working on some goals for the last....three months now.

As always and like a lot of people out there I am trying to loose weight. Its not all about loosing weight either, its about overall health. I need to get my cycles shorter, 45 days is just too much and not "natural," I am hoping loosing weight and working out will shorten them. Working out almost every day has fought off some serious bouts of depression, which I am so thankful for. My big goal is to be 135 pounds by the time Hubby comes home. I have no idea what my current weight is, only that a few months ago I weighed in at 170. I have lost weight, my arms and legs are thinner. Certain parts of my stomach are smaller but, my jeans still basically fit the same. Tops are looser though, why do I always have to loose weight in the girls, how is that fair? My face is thinner according to my Naturopath, well the last time she saw me anyway. I just hope to be down a pants size soon, that would be nice.

I am trying to be a more optimistic person, its going okay. I will admit I have my grouch moments, but for the most part I am pretty optimistic. I really think that writting down affirmations every day is helping. It keeps me focused on the more positive things in life. It gives me something to hone in on.

In terms of growing my brain, I am enrolling in midwifery school by the end of the month. I am excited and extremely nervous. While Hubby assures me that I will be an amazing student and eventual midwife, I am still nervous. Its the unknown at this point and that always gets my emotions going a bit. I know its going to be a HUGE challenge to complete this course. I am going to have to make myself some sort of schedule otherwise my procrastination will get the best of me. I can't wait though.

I am hoping to finally learn to sew. Yeah, I have two machines that I won on Ebay last year. I played with one of them and got so frustrated at myself for not learning fast enough that I had to pack it back up before I broke it *bag* I can probably take a class at Jo-Ann's in the next town over, I just gotta get money and the nerve to go first.

I obviously have a lot planned for the next year. While I will look into the new year with hope, I will of course look at it with caution as well. I know there are going to be some bumps in the road and I also know that this year they are not going to be major. The family deserves a break.

No comments: