04 February 2009

Busy Busy

I have been super busy the last few days with school work, family and being sick. I am plugging away at my school work and enjoying it thoroughly. Now if I could just get my cat to leave me alone while I am trying to study all would be super. She has this crazy sense of timing on wanting to cuddle with me and she has to be right in the way of what I am reading. Maybe when I get a proper computer chair it will be easier to have her in my lap while reading at the same time.

Hubby got back from his LONG mission today. Boy was that hard to go for so long without talking to him. One would think I should be used to going almost a week without talking to him but, I am not and don't think I ever will be. I was woken up this morning by a text message and as I was cursing whoever it was for texting at seven in the morning, I read the message:

"Wakey Wakey!! Hubby is online!"

I pretty much shot up and scrambled to get my laptop out from under the bed. We got to talk for a few hours on yahoo and see each other on web cam. It was really great and I miss him so much. This month marks six months done of the deployment. I think every month I am going to be shocked that its already been that long lol. Six months means that we are even closer to Hubby coming home, which we of course still don't know the date for that *sigh*

I finally got a start on my garden planning. I wrote down all the seeds I am going to buy. I have an idea for a compost bin thanks to Sabbath and I found these really cool Potato Bins:





I am going to be ordering this really cool package from Territorial Seeds and getting like 4 pounds of potatoes to grow. I am splitting it with my Mom, hopefully. My goal this year is to grow as much as I can of what we eat. Or rather, what I eat since it will be mostly me for the growing season. I think this will definitely help in the frugal and self-sufficiency departments. I am totally excited to see what happens this growing season.

No comments: