31 October 2008

Happy Samhain!

The holiday has been great so far, my wish to hear from Hubby was answered with a three am wake up call. His voice sounded so far away on the phone, I wish the Army would shell out some of the money they get in the defense bill and pay for some better phones for the guys. We spoke for about 20 minutes and I felt so much better just getting to hear his voice, he has always had that calming affect on me. Hopefully I will not have to wait almost four more days to hear from him again.

It feels like he has been gone forever already. He has been gone off and on for four months. The deployment did not officially start until two months ago though. We have a long way to go and I am just praying that the time goes by fast. I need to find even more things to distract myself. I do not have the supplies I need to complete some of the knitting projects that I want to try. I can probably get more after the holidays. Until then, I am probably stuck making more purple pot holders lol.

I guess I will just try and keep myself busy with studying, working out and writing letters to Hubby. I guess things could be worse.

No comments: