13 July 2008

Doula Musings

I decided to make this a separate post so that it was easier to read and because it was on a very different subject. I really need to start concentrating on my Doula work. The only problem is, I don't have any. I really need to get a website up and running, I just don't have any money. I would do a free one but, I do not have any spiffy html skills to make my website look better than a fill in the blank type of thing.

I know that I have a passion for birth and helping people, I know this is what I want to do. I guess the universe is going to make me fight for it. I have no problem with that, just some days I wish the universe would make it a little bit easier.

I really need to get my birth bag all stocked up too. I need to cut some fabric down to sew up a couple of heat packs. Since I still haven't self taught myself to use my sewing machine, I will probably do the sewing by hand. Its not that big of a project so it shouldn't be too hard. I am gonna pick some of my lavender plant and somehow dry pieces out and stick it in one of the packs. I figured I would leave the other one unscented in case a client had a sensitivity to the smell during labor.

It appears I that I do in fact have a DVD burner (I am assuming that's what the DVD R/RW or the DVD rewrittable on the side means) on my laptop so, I am hoping to take Sabbath up on her offer to let me burn copies of some of her birth videos. That will save me a ton of money, cause they are pricey.

I know I don't need a lot of gear but, some massagers would be nice, so that when my fingers get tired I can use one of those. I think there is a whole thread of what people carry in their birth bags over on all doulas, I remember that being helpful when I was taking down some brainstorming ideas. Its been a while since I was on there, so maybe I should go check it out.

I am hoping the universe is hearing these thoughts and maybe I will get a call or email soon!

No comments: