03 August 2008

Mrs. Hurry Up And Wait

I think that's what I will have to change my name to. I swear, us military wives spend most of our lives waiting for things. Its a wonder more of us have not gone insane, permenantly. I think we are always temporarily insane during deployments, don't you?

I spend most of my night waiting for Hubby to either call or call me back. People are always trying to bullshit with him when we are on the phone together. Most of the time he gets called into meetings or to do a task for his SGTs. I totally understand all this but, sometimes I would just like one conversation to be uninterrupted.

Right now things are kind of hectic for him. They are getting ready to come home on Thursday, so all the packing is starting now. They have a lot of packing to do and "a lot" is probably an understatement. That's just life in the Army I guess.

I know I don't have to wait too much longer to spend 10 days with him and for that I am grateful. I am pretty sure it will go by fast, as time always does when things are going good. I have already posted about our plans for those ten days, so I won't bore you with the details again. Its going to be loads of fun.

I still need to make a shopping list for the trip. I have it all down mentally so it should not be too much of a problem to put it onto paper. Getting Hubby to stick to the list while shopping with me is another thing. He does pretty good but, I swear junk food puts him into a trance and gets him every time. I'll kick him of the habit after this next deployment I swear. I think it will be easier to do once he gets home right away, because he hasn't had most of that crap for over a year anyway.

Oh well, we will see what happens once he actually gets home. I am blessed that he even tries half of my crunchy ideas. Most people would have run by now. I have a good hubby.

No comments: