19 November 2008

91 Days Down, Somwhere Around 300 To Go

We have reached the three month mark of the deployment and boy has it gone by fast! I still can't believe it. I am really hoping it continues to go by fast, this feeling of speeding through it is really helping my sanity. I am not sure exactly how long until Hubby comes home, they never tell us far enough in advance to actually plan things too much.

A couple of months ago I started working out regularly again. It has made so much difference in how I feel and it is starting to make a difference in how I look as well. Its definitely kicked my depression into oblivion for the time being. I am working really hard. I pop in my Tae Bo tape Monday through Friday and on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I go through my Pilates DVD. The only day I don't work out is Sunday and I completely veg out that day. I try to nourish my mind and spirit the most on Sundays.

I am still waiting on a call back from the workshop director of ALACE. I really want to host a workshop up here sometime next fall. I think it would be a great experience and I would get to network with a lot of the other local Doulas in the area. I noticed the other day that the calendar on the ALACE website was recently updated and there will be a workshop in Idaho sometime in March of next year. I don't think I can get anybody to drive with me out there though. I have never driven out of state by myself before and I just don't think it would be very wise either. I guess I can ask my parents, if I don't get the chance to host a workshop of my own.

I guess all in all things are still going pretty well for my family. Things are going to continue to get better I am sure.

No comments: