07 November 2008

Two Am Phone Calls

I need to get used to early morning phone calls again, especially after only two hours of sleep. I was having a driving dream which was evil because the car was some weird stick shift and I was trying to break but the break peddle was actually the gas. Then, Hubby called and practically gave me a heart attack from my phone ringing.

We talked for about 45 minutes. That is the longest we have talked since he got to the middle east. It was quite lovely and we worked through a bunch of the stuff that has been bothering us lately. The key will be to keep this good communication going. Hubby has asked me that if I have any issues where I need to complain to him, to please put it in an email or a letter because he really needs to just hear me be positive. He sounded really stressed out and I guess worried/scared too. It was odd to hear him like that because he is always so positive.

I probably will not hear from him for another week, which is going to take getting used to. We talked pretty regularly on the last deployment, every few days or more. The only time I did not hear from him meant he was away on an important mission or in the hospital. His appendix practically burst towards the end of the last deployment. So far, no hospital stays this deployment so that is good.

To distract myself earlier today I was trying to plan things we could do when Hubby comes home. I was thinking we might try and go up to the San Juan Islands and stay at a Bed and Breakfast for a couple of days. Another idea I had was to possibly go to Ocean Shores as well. I think it will be really good for us to go on a romantic getaway shortly after he returns. Of course, this all depends on how he feels when he gets home. He may just want to spend time here at the house.

Either way I am going to make a commitment to us doing more things for just the two of us. We have a habit of neglecting our relationship and putting all our other day to day crap ahead of nurturing our marriage. I am hoping to change that during this next year and continue it once he returns home.

I have a lot of things to think about.

No comments: