26 November 2008

On Cloud Nine!

Hubby called me around 11:30pm last night as I was just finishing his letter to him. The first thing that I talked to him about was midwifery school. I braced myself for the "can we afford it talk," and instead was met with an enthusiastic "go for it!" I was so excited, because I prepared for the worst, even though in my heart I know that hubby supports me through anything. Its sometimes easier to just prepare myself for the worst and be glad when the best happens. I think I have to be that way in order to survive as an Army wife.

Hubby is supposed to be getting some back pay on the 15th because they have screwed up and not given him some of the things he is supposed to be getting while over there. I am hoping that its enough to at least add another $100-200 into the midwifery enrollment fund. His LES will probably pop up online here in the next week and a half, so I should know by then.

Also, it looks like we have a newer car! Hubby signed the papers on a 2007 Subaru Forester. We got it for a major steal and for a great interest rate too. Payments will not start until Hubby returns from the sandbox. His battle buddy works with the particular dealership the car is located at, so we know its checks out okay. I should get the car towards the end of December or beginning of January. I am so excited over this because my Accord is about to bite the dust.

All the work I have been doing about staying positive is really starting to attract more positive things in our life. This is exactly what my family needed and what I needed. I cannot wait to see what other good things are going to happen in the upcoming months.

No comments: