21 November 2008

*Shivers*

We are in the middle of storm season right now and boy has it been windy tonight. I thought the rose bushes out front were going to come through the window with how hard the wind was blowing. I am praying to the Gods that we don't have a horrible power outage like the last deployment. I am so unprepared if that happens. This time of year reminds me why I always love fireplaces and I am kinda bummed that I don't have one. I could save a little bit on my heating bill with a nice fireplace or wood stove.

I finally got some groceries into the house again today thanks to my Mom. I basically have enough meat for a while, I just ran out of veggies and such. We hit a rough patch monetarily because of the Army screwing up on pay. They are still not giving him his pay tax free or giving him his hazard duty pay. Its supposed to kick in by the 15th paycheck and if it does not, believe me the unit will be raising holy hell.

Today has been a tough day for me in staying positive. We have some issues going on that I will not discuss here. Its not issues between us, rather its an outside force trying to upset our lives. I am confident that things will be okay. The Gods will not give us anything that we cannot handle.

I think its time for another mental break. I can feel everything building up, so its definitely time.

No comments: