12 November 2008

Thermography Results....Sorta

Well, after three phone calls I got this bit of news: I have a 16-18% chance of breast cancer in my right breast. I went in for my left breast, remember? This is all the nurse would tell me. I have no idea what exactly this means or the course of action from here. I am going into my regular naturopath tomorrow because I was so freaking frustrated with this clinic and I want nothing more to do with them. So, that is what I mean by I sorta have the results.

We are having record rain right now. Several areas around here are being evacuated because most of the rivers are flooding. I am pretty sure I live in a safe non-flooding area. I am just worried about the power going out because this place does not have a fireplace and I do not have any camping type heaters here. I am so not prepared for an emergency, hopefully I won't need to be this year.

My car is pretty much on its last leg. Tonight was supposed to be an impromptu knitting night and one of the gals was going to let me give her spinning wheel a try because I am highly interested in learning how to do that. Well, I got into my car which has a leaking sun roof and had to change out the towels in there. I started it and it would not warm up. I revved up the gas a bit to get it to stop revving so high and it dropped below 1 on the RPM gauge and began to chug. I turned the lights to parking only and it got a tiny bit better. It still would not warm up though. After about 15 minutes it warmed up only a tiny bit so, I thought I would try driving to knitting group and see if that helped warm it up more. As soon as I put it in reverse it died. Its not the battery, cause it started again but, it was still chugging. I decided not to go and I am pretty bummed about it.

I really was hoping my car would last the whole deployment. Its becoming painfully obvious that this will not occur. I am hoping Hubby calls soon so that I have a chance to ask him what's going on with the Subaru Forester we want to buy. Hopefully we can get it soon or he can at least give me the VIN number so I can check it out through Carfax. Its through a dealership that his battle buddy's brother works at. I love this kind of car and really want it. Please send car buying vibes my way!

No comments: