25 November 2008

Some Potentially Good News!

I heard back from Carla Hartley at Ancient Art Midwifery and it looks like I will most likely be able to start attending soon! The military discount for tuition is $1,000 off and she has offered me an even greater deal because "she felt led to." I seriously teared up when I read that last email. I need to come up with about $500 by the end of December and then I can send it off and get the first half of my materials. I have about $100 dollars right now thanks to De and her wonderful generosity that I posted about in an earlier blog entry. My first monthly payment would not be due until February and I will also need to come up with $250 for the curriculum deposit within 90 days. I can come up with curriculum deposit pretty easily, I hope.

I am so nervous and excited. I am also wondering if I will be a good student, I was pretty good in high school but, that was 6+ years ago. I am nervous about finding a local midwife to apprentice with. I am just flat out full of so many emotions right now, some of which I cannot even begin to describe.

I wish Hubby would call so that I could tell him all about this and see what he has to say. I feel a bit sad because this good news came while he was gone. I know I should not but, I do. Plus, it makes me miss him even more.

I really hope that this deployment goes by faster now that I will be potentially going to school!

No comments: