29 December 2008

Pretty Awesome Day

I did not think today was going to go very well considering I woke up before the sun had risen and I felt utterly exhausted. The kind of exhausted where I was pretty sure that I was tossing and turning in my sleep all. night. long.

I was determined to get back on the workout band wagon today. It had been a few days since I had done any Tae Bo and I was dreading it truthfully. My goal was to do the hour long advanced tape. That did not happen. When I finally got the determination to workout I said "fuck it" to the advanced tape and just did the 30 minute basic tape. Which was a good idea because I did not realize how stuffy I was and was pretty winded after the 30 minute session. I guess I am still fighting something off, which sucks. I refuse to get sick. I have too much to do in regards to myself to get sick.

Once I finished with Tae Bo, I hopped on the computer for a bit and found out that I had missed talking to Hubby. I had the sound off on my laptop because I was pretty sure he was still out on mission and didn't expect for him to hop on the computer first if he was back. Luckily, he hopped back on shortly after I found out I had missed him. We got to talk for a few minutes and then, he said he was going to call me.

Two or more hours later he got the chance to call me. It was a pretty basic conversation at first. That's how they all start out and it progressed into more in depth things, including talking about the bills, my FINALLY being able to enroll in AAMI, etc. We got to talk for a little over an hour and when we were getting ready to end the call, the line went dead. We never made it to "I love you" or "I miss you" before the line went dead. I thought may be he would call back and when it did not happen I knew he was probably way to tired to wait in line for a couple more hours. He said during the conversation that he was going to call me tomorrow and I am hoping he does.

I made myself a new weekly schedule today. I tried going without a to-do list and not much got done around the house. I added studying/reading onto my list so that I set aside some time to either read a book or study midwifery and Doula related things. I might have to make it into two separate bullet points later on down the line. For right now it works and I mark off what I have completed for the day. It helps me to see that I have actually accomplished things throughout my day.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be sending off my application and enrollment fee to Ancient Art Midwifery Institute and I am freaking levitating that is how excited I am. I really tried to stay positive on this one. I would be lying if I didn't say I had my moments of doubt on whether or not this would be happening but, it is and yeah, its great. I am such a big ball of emotions when it comes to this prospect.

I see so many great things happening in this new year. I cannot wait.

No comments: