01 December 2008

Going To Be A Rough Few Days

Hubby called again today, which is awesome because I was totally not expecting a call two days in a row. He told me that the previous mission had been canceled and that the next one was going to be about a week long. I hate these long periods without talking to him, it always makes me worry when I don't hear from him.

He has been gone for almost four months now. It does not feel like it has been that long at all. It literally feels like he left yesterday. Technically he has only been in Iraq for about a month now but, the official start date of the deployment is when he left for MOB across the country. I can't wait for this to be over. I want to be in my husband's arms so badly. I miss holding him, kissing him, making love to him and just being around him. I wish this deployment could end tomorrow and he would be home next week, in my arms once again.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on in order to stay on top of my goals. I also really need to push myself if I am going to be a good midwifery student. I really would like to build myself a proper office and reading area. I definitely need a real office chair and not a dining room chair, my butt goes numb after awhile. I guess I should look around at the office store websites and check out craigslist to see what turns up. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to furnish a really cool office off of craiglist alone?

My brain has been all over the place today and I am having a lot of trouble concentrating. I am wondering what I can do to help my scattered brain. It seems to be getting worse the last few weeks. I am wondering if I really do need to get out of the house more. I just don't want to go out by myself, damned social anxiety. I need someone to come over to the house and get me out, show me around a bit or something. Any takers? I really cannot do this on my own right now.

I guess I better get to studying or writing Hubby his latest letter. As I repeat my mantra "this will all be over soon, this will all be over soon."

No comments: