20 December 2008

The Storm Has Started

This is a quote from the National Weather Service that was updated a couple of hours ago:


Tonight: Snow. Low around 23. Windy, with a east wind between 24 and 32 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 32. East southeast wind between 14 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. East southeast wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

The wind is what scares me the most because it has the potential to knock out my power for awhile. One of the towns about 20 minutes away is already seeing hurricane force winds. I have pulled out my candles and my trusty Mag-lite, just in case the power goes while I am still awake.

Its been snowing since about 2:30 this afternoon. The flakes are small but, its pretty heavy volume. The news is telling us between 3-8" of snow and obviously above the NOAA is saying 1-3". Either way that is a lot more snow on top of what is already on the ground.

I got to talk to Hubby on the phone again today. Another lovely 30 minute conversation, with a break at the first 15 minute mark because he was calling from the office line. I guess the MWR phones had a 2.5 hour wait. He told me that the Forester was supposed to come today and the only reason it would not show up, would be because of the weather. I guess the weather got to them because the Forester never showed up. I hope to get it before February, that's what I am shooting for, so that I am not disappointed.

No comments: