24 December 2008

Today Was Hard

Today was hellish. I had to stick my ground about not going to my parents' house for the holidays and I had to endure a phone call from my Mom, a text message from one of my sister's and I had to deal with a very unwanted THREE page text message from said sister's jerk of a boyfriend. I am so proud that I stuck to my guns and stayed home at my house, alone.

I spent most of the day in bed reading. This is of course after I was woken up with a phone call from my favorite soldier. I got to speak with him for about forty minutes and I was pretty weepy towards the end of the conversation. He was laying on the "I love you with all my heart and soul" pretty thickly and I definitely needed to hear it.

When I finally decided to shower around two or three to calm my "I miss hubby" vibes, I got the unwelcome three page text message from my sister's boyfriend. Apparently my family thinks the ONLY reason I refused to come was because of him. Shows how much they freaking pay attention to their own behavior.

Hubby called me shortly after I got outta the shower and we got to speak for another twenty minutes. It was even harder than the call this morning because he is not sure if he can call tomorrow. Even though I don't really celebrate Christmas, its gonna be hard.

Just a few minutes ago I got a blank picture message from my Dad saying "I love you." I am pretty sure he is more than two sheets to the wind right now. He never says those words to me. I texted him back saying the picture was blank and that I loved him too but, since I know he is drunk he probably can't read it clearly. Great, now I have a drunk Dad texting me *sigh* I was not expecting to ever have that happen.

Here are some song lyrics that have been on my mind lately:

You got someone here wants to make it alright
Someone who loves you more than life right here
You got willing arms that'll hold you tight
A hand to lead you on through the night right here
I know your heart can get all tangled up inside
But don't you keep it to yourself

[Chorus:]
When your long day is over
And you can barely drag your feet
The weight of the world is on your shoulders
I know what you need
Bring it on home to me

You know I know you like the back of my hand
But did you know I'm gonna do all that I can right here
I'm gonna lie with you till you fall asleep
When the morning comes I'm still gonna be right here (yes I am)
So take your worries and just drop them at the door
Baby leave it all behind

[Chorus]

Baby let me be your safe harbor
Don't let the water come and carry you away

[Chorus]

You got someone here wants to make it alright
Someone who loves you more than life right here


That's all for today. I am emotionally exhausted.

No comments: